Appropriations Act Changes Title IV Aid Provisions
On Jan. 18, the Department of Education (ED) issued a DCL regarding changes to Title IV aid that were enacted with the Consolidated Appropriations Act. You may recall that OCAP's Dec. 21, 2011 Legislative Update touched on this topic.
In GEN-12-01, ED states additional guidance will be provided on changes to the following provisions:
- Auto-Zero EFC Income Threshold
- 12-13 Pell Grant Amounts
- Minimum Pell Award and Maximum Expected Family Contribution
- Pell Grant Duration of Eligibility
- Grace Period Interest Subsidy
- Calculation of Special Allowance Payments
If you have questions about these changes, please contact OCAP's Policy, Compliance and Training department at 405.234.4432 or email@example.com.